This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Shoes, Glorious Shoes!

I am not much of a fashionista; I spend most days in jeans and a t-shirt. But I do have a bit of a weakness for shoes. I recently had a mini-shoe-heartbreak while shopping for the perfect pair of sandals for my upcoming trip to Guatemala - I ordered the cutest sandals ever from a mainstream shoe website; after carefully reading the description, which described man-made uppers and rubber soles, I determined them to be vegan and ordered them. After excitedly awaiting their delivery for several days, I opened the package with great anticipation, only to discover ... leather foot beds. Ugh. Needless to say, I sent them back.

I haven't had any luck finding a replacement pair of sandals for my trip - until today. How is it possible that I have not discovered Ragazzi Vegan before today? These shoes are exactly what I was hoping to find for my trip - a little chunky (somewhat reminiscent of Danskos, but ALL VEGAN), yet still summery - comfortable, with stable soles that are easy to walk in, even on cobblestone streets - and super cute! My new problem is going to be choosing which ones to buy - I'm not sure if I can narrow it down to just one pair...





And moving beyond just sandals, how cute are these?


No comments: