This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Tofu for Dummies

It's been ages since I've posted any recipes here, and I don't know if anyone still reading has any interest in vegan cooking, but this one is too good (and easy) not to share. It is absolutely the simplest, quickest, most foolproof tofu recipe ever.



All you need is around 20 oz. firm or extra firm tofu, 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce, and 1/2 cup of peanut butter. That's it! (It sounds like a weird combination, I know, but trust me.)


Cube the tofu and brown it however you like (I used a bit of olive oil). Soften the peanut butter a bit in the microwave or on the stovetop, and whisk in the barbecue sauce. Pour the sauce over the hot, browned tofu, and serve with rice or quinoa and a veggie if you like.

You can control the spice level with your choice of barbecue sauce.

This serves 3-4 people.

No comments: