This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Eek! I'm here.

Here goes... my very own blog. How embarassing. Hopefully I will share some cool stuff (maybe some lame stuff too) and not bore you all too much.

First, some pics of the boy, taken on a recent trip to San Francisco (so much fun!):





Exciting news of the day... I got a big shipment of beads today from my supplier in India, and wow, are they ever fabulous!!! I am so excited to get them photographed and up on my Etsy site (www.BestBeads.etsy.com). Plus I get to play with the beads myself! Mmm, pure beady goodness. Unfortunately I won't be able to play with my new treasures much tomorrow, but come Wednesday, it's going to be a beadapalooza.

Also in today's mail, a super-terrifically-fabulous little purse/tote bag that I got from Abby at www.whitepaintandribbons.etsy.com - happy day! I can not even describe the deliciousness of this little purse, so I will have to take some pictures and post them soon. You will be jealous.

And a recipe. I'm going to keep this one super easy so you won't be intimidated by my mad kitchen skillz.

Beer Bread

3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp. baking powder
3 Tbsp. organic sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 can beer (12 oz.)

Preheat oven to 375. In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients, then mix in beer. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray or grease with canola oil. Pour mix into pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then finish cooling on rack.
It's really yummy, you've gotta try it! Trust me.

Please don't be put off by the multiple abrupt subject changes... you'll get used to it.

No comments: