This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Sunday, July 15, 2007

I needed a cookie fix...

I have been trying really hard to do less baking during the last few weeks because I'm trying to be healthier, but today I had a serious cookie craving, so I whipped up some of these Chocolate Chip Spelt Cookies from Vegetarian Times.


If you are like me, and think that the taste of the cookie dough is just as important (if not more so) than the finished cookie, then you are in for a treat. I think this cookie dough is some of the best I've ever tasted.


One note on the recipe - it's totally possible that I mis-measured my flour, but if not, then the amount of flour called for in the recipe is insufficient to produce a cookie-dough-like consistency... I had to add another 1/2 cup. But maybe I just screwed up on the initial measuring, who knows.

Anyway, they turned out very good, and to ease my guilt, I'm taking most of the cookies to Matt at work later today. Plus, they're made with whole grain spelt flour and they don't have any hydrogenated oil (if you use the right kind of peanut butter). So there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

they look amazing! you should keep them all to yourself. :)

Anonymous said...

Those cookies made me wired. I couldn't stop eating them. I need more.

Tamara said...

Is that JP posting anonymously? Yeah, they are good but you have to be careful not to eat too many, they sit pretty heavily in the tum tum. Not that I have any personal experience in the eating too many category. Um, a friend told me, yeah that's it.

Adorned by Morgan said...

::drool::