This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

June Jewelry for Charity Recap & July Kick-off

Just a quick post today to let you know how we did for charity last month... with your help, I raised $343.00 for Safe Passage (Camino Seguro) during the month of June, bringing my total fundraising since May 2007 to $11,076.00. Thanks so much to all of you who helped by making a purchase during the month of June!

July's charity, once again, is the fabulous Animal Place sanctuary. Always one of my favorite charities, my love for Animal Place was revived and intensified during a recent visit. There's just something about the vibe of the place that makes me feel very much at home. So don't forget, 5% of anything you spend with me (either through my Etsy shop or a direct custom order) will go to support this amazing group.

That's it for today - technically I'm 'on vacation', if you consider a day's worth of flying (yesterday) and another day (today) glued to the bed in the hotel tending to an extremely sick three-year-old (four days of high fever, diagnosed today as pneumonia and an ear infection) to be 'vacation'. Wah. He should be on the mend now though, thanks to high powered antibiotics (knock on wood).

2 comments:

Marji said...

Yay - thank you! Glad you had a wonderful time at the event. Hope you can come for another visit sometime! :)

Nathalie Girard - Canadian Rockies Art said...

I'm so sorry to hear your son is sick :( I hope he will get much better very soon!

Happy belated July 4th :)

Cheers,
Nat