This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Thursday, May 1, 2008

SO SICK. (Maybe shopping will make me feel better?)

Oh my. It seems I've heard horror stories from everyone this season about the awful illnesses that have been going around, and apparently it was my turn. I mean, I've had colds on and off for months (thank you, Carlos' germy preschool friends), but this time it was really bad - I've had a nasty and painful cough for weeks, and on top of that, I got the flu for the past few days. I'm over that now but the cough remains, and it is a doozie. Okay, enough whining. Just thought I'd explain why I haven't been around for a while.

New topic: my impulsive spending habits.

Yesterday I saw this on one of my regular blog feeds, and by today Matt and I had convinced each other to buy a Flip video recorder. Oof.

Something tells me you're in for a lot more chicken videos. This time with audio! Bawk bawk and cock-a-doodle-doo! Also perhaps some Carlos videos since he is endlessly charming and fascinating, and if you're lucky, and I can muster up some discipline, maybe I'll even use it to make some more free tutorials.

4 comments:

Vegan Girl (Roni Seabury) said...

OMG I have the flip video. We got it as a wedding gift. We have the orange one!

I sure hope you get over your illness. You poor thing.

Vegan_Noodle said...

Hope you feel better Tamara!!

And I've seen a couple of others mention the Flip... it looks cool! I definitely expect to see some videos now!

Mamacita said...

Oh, so sorry....and I know. I had that. The cough is miserable! I hope shopping cures you right up!

JudyM said...

I'm sorry you're still so sick and hope you get over the cough soon (although I know it can be a long recovery time for the cough part).
The Flip sounds like fun; I'm looking forward to seeing more of your chickens, but especially more of Carlos.
Take care of yourself.
Love, Judy