This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

May Jewelry For Charity Recap & June Kick-Off

Thanks so much to all of you who patronized my Etsy jewelry shop (or my ex-bead shop) :-) during the month of May! With your support, I have raised $402 in support of the Human Rights Campaign's efforts to bring equality to America. It's a cause I am proud to support, as it is a subject I feel strongly about. This brings my total donations to $10,773 - wow! Thanks again; I can't do it without you guys!

I'm featuring a new charity this month (new to me, I mean; they have been around for quite a while)... Safe Passage works with the poorest at-risk children of families working in the Guatemala City garbage dump. Within a safe and caring environment, they provide a comprehensive and integrated program that fosters hope, good health, educational achievement, self-sufficiency, self esteem and confidence. Their primary focus is on creating opportunities and dignity through the power of education.

I have heard really wonderful things about this organization, and I'm happy to be able to help with their important work. Someday when my kids are older, I'd love to be able to go volunteer for Safe Passage for a while...

No comments: