This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Political Fun

Well, I'm not watching the debates right now because we don't have CNN... but here's a fun game to help you determine which presidential candidate is the most closely aligned with your opinions and beliefs: USA Today 'Candidate Match Game'. (After you answer the questions, don't forget you can use the little slider things on the right-hand side of the screen to give certain topics more or less weight.)

Now, I know some will see this as dumbing down the race or over simplifying things and allowing people to be lazy and not do research. I can see that point of view, but I also think that in this day and age, it is very hard to keep track of everything that's going on, especially with every different media source putting their own spin on things. Personally, I often find politics very confusing. So I thought the game was fun, and a good jumping-off point to possibly encourage people to do more research on the issues and the candidates.

For what it's worth, my results are (1) Dennis Kucinich, (2) Bill Richardson, and (3) Mike Gravel. Leave a comment and tell me what your results are!

7 comments:

Robin Marie said...

1. John McCain
2. Mike Huckabee
3. Dennis Kucinich

Hmm...I appreciate you sharing this! While the "game" could be seen as oversimplifying I've found that it yielded answers I wasn't expecting. I always joke about being a Republican (which everyone finds amusing because I'm an artsy dreadhead) but I'm not always joking. A lot of my views are traditional Republican (meaning old-school, not GWB Republican). If these guys really do stand for what this "game" says they do, I'll have to consider that possibility.

This has made me realize just how unprepared I am to make a decision, and just how much reading I'm going to have to do. But it certainly gives me a place to start!

Thanks again for giving me the kick in the ass I needed!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Okay, no flash player at work, but I"m gonna do this when I get home today....then I'll see (to be honest I haven't been following the race at all)

Unknown said...

I took the quiz earlier this morning, and here are my results:

1. Dennis Kucinich
2. Mike Gravel
3. Ron Paul

Thanks for sharing this, Tamara.

Without discussing anything about the quiz with one another, Jason just took the quiz too. He got the exact same results as me in the exact same order. Very interesting. We do think alike.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hi Pal, who knew I would have a little republican in me! Here are my results:
Dennis Kucinich, Mike Gravel, and John McCain. Did Matt take the quiz? I can not wait to see what Larry's results are!!! Well it looks like I am researching Kucinich a bit!
Love Ethel

Vegan_Noodle said...

Kucinich, Gravel, Paul....

JudyM said...

1. Kucinich
2. Gravel
3. Biden
Surprising...they are not the ones I would have thought I would choose.

JudyM said...

1. Kucinich
2. Gravel
3. Biden
Surprising...they are not the ones I would have thought I would choose.