This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

New Work

chunky sunstone ringFirst off, a ginormous (8mm) deep red Oregon sunstone ring.
This gorgeous stone is set in white gold. Size 6.
{ to be listed soon in my Etsy shop }

moissanite gold ringAnd here, I've tried something new for a custom order; in order for this narrow-banded engagement ring to sit flush on the floral wedding band, I notched the wedding band. I think it turned out rather nice...

floral wedding bandI'm going to add a couple of little flush-set moissanites to the band soon.

On to another something new...

gold sapphire ringMy first attempt at a handmade prong setting. :-)

sustainable jewelryI'm not 100% in love with it... especially this first attempt, since my prongs are not quite uniformly sized, but it was fun to try something new.

2 comments:

JudyM said...

I like the wedding set, it really fits together well. I love the prong set ring; from the photo, it looks like you did a really good job! And I really like the garnet and sapphire ring in the previous posting. It's so feminine and pretty. As usual, your work is amazing!
Love, Judy

Unknown said...

I am actually kind of completely in love with the first attempt at homemade prongs ring. I would actually wear that, unbuffed (most rings are atrociously blingy to me).