This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Glad to be done with this project!

Last night I wrapped up a project that has been cluttering my workspace for the last month or so - such a good feeling! For the first time, I'm contributing to The Sampler for the month of August. The deadline for submissions is July 15th so I finally had to get my act together and wrap it up.


I made 25 wire wrapped rings, but I think the packaging took as much or more time as the rings themselves. I wanted to do something eyecatching and more fun than my usual jewelry cards (even though I like my jewelry cards). What do you think?

10 comments:

Robin Marie said...

Wow, they look really incredible! I would say it's worth the effort! I'm most impressed:) Everything you do seems to be done to the very end, I truly admire it.

Andrea said...

Looks great Tamara! I LOVE the butterfly cut-out and love the ring even more!

Hope it brings lots of great exposure.

Great job.

lizadesigns said...

These look fantastic! Great job. It shows that you pay a great attention to detail. I bet you'll get tons of great feedback for these. Good luck!

girl least likely to said...

i'm drooling over the fact that you have an actual PILE of the pearly rings. beautiful! and i really love the packaging too--nicely done!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Those cards are so cute!! I saw those pearl rings on etsy and am dying to get one. Looks like it was a lot of work, you must be one busy jewelry-making, vegan-baking mom!!

Athena's Armoury said...

Wow! They look great! I would be thrilled to get one in my package -- hopefully, they'll bring you lots of exposure. I need to get going on this whole Sampler thing.
-Janine

JudyM said...

As usual, a beautiful job! I really do like the little rings and the design of the card. Lots of work, but I'm sure well worth it.
Love, Judy

Barbra said...

Simply beautiful!

kellybot said...

I have a Sampler subscription - I sure hope I'm lucky enough to get one of your submissions!
They look really great.

msbelle said...

Gosh! You have had your work cut out for you! These are great!