This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Friday, July 20, 2007

Labradorite & Prehnite Necklace

I decided to do something a little different with that last remaining rectangular labradorite cabochon and here's what I came up with:


I adapted that original wrapping technique (courtesy of an Eni Oken tutorial), previously only used on rings, to use as a pendant, and combined the gorgeous labradorite cab with some equally beautiful AAA prehnite rondelles. I think the color range in the prehnite beads accentuates the color flashes in the labradorite really nicely.

And now I promise to stop posting about labradorite, at least for a few days.


3 comments:

lizadesigns said...

Sooo pretty! I love the combination of stones. Awesome job!

E and E Bungalow said...

Oh no, please continue posting about labradorites! It's absolutely one of my favorite stones! Beautiful piece!

Anonymous said...

Great adaptation. It's lovely!