This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Friday, April 4, 2008

I'm Back... Kind Of.

Well, as you probably already know, I haven't been online much this past week due to the move to my new studio. First there was painting (walls and ceiling, then trim and doors), then furniture assembly (enormous new desk and three large workbenches), and finally the endless work of moving, moving, and moving some more. I can't say that I'm totally settled in and organized yet, but I'm getting close. The studio walls look a little stark; I definitely need some artwork or something in here at some point, but for now I'm enjoying the beautiful purple paint and the gorgeous sight of more-than-adequate workbench and desk space!

I'll post more pictures when I get further settled in and organized, but I couldn't wait to at least show you something.

The Command Center

Metal Heaven

Oh, and even though I might not be feeling 100% settled, it seems that Hazel and Otis are feeling quite relaxed and comfortable on their new studio dog beds...



I can't tell you how fortunate I feel to have all this - I feel like I went from totally inadequate/cramped/disorganized work space to the most amazing space I could ever dream of. I'm grateful to all of you who have helped me grow my business, and to my awesome hubby for all the time he put in on this project.

I'll be out of town this Sunday through Tuesday (headed to Animal Place to adopt four hens and a rooster!) so I won't be able to dive into the long list of custom orders I have waiting for me for a while still... although I'm itching to create. Soon enough...

(PS - if you're interested, check out my Flickr photos to see notes about specific elements of the studio shots.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeeez, it's about time slacker. Now go make something cool.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new studio-how exciting. Your husband did a beautiful job!!

Vegan Girl (Roni Seabury) said...

Wow it looks really really nice! Great job! You will need your own store next.

Ángela said...

That is a gorgeous space! I have no doubt that you will make the most of it! :)

maryeb said...

I really love the shade of purple/blue you choose and the furry friends add a nice touch!!

Julia said...

It looks really good!! Nice colours you decided on :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am super jealous. Yor set up looks great!