This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My running buddy

More often than not, when I go running* at the local community college track, there are two deer there to keep me company. One is a little bigger than the other so I'm guessing maybe they are a mama and her baby from last year. They munch on grass and eye me warily each time I go by, but they don't seem to be overly afraid. It's nice to have company while I exercise, and neat to see these gorgeous animals at fairly close range. Yesterday I finally remembered to bring my phone so I could take a picture. This is the littler one - isn't she the cutest?


* 'Running' seems like an inaccurate description of my actual performance - truth be told, it's more like a very, very, very slow jog. :-)

2 comments:

JudyM said...

Yes, she is really cute. I see a lot of deer here at the rental, a lot of deer tracks up around our new house, and very often along the road here. We really like seeing them, too.

Vegan Girl (Roni Seabury) said...

Very cute deer, I'm a horrible runner so now I just don't do it!