This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holiday Sweets - Fudge Variation

Last December I posted my foolproof vegan fudge recipe. This year I tried a different fudge recipe, was disappointed by said fudge recipe, and ended up making my original recipe today to make up for it. I felt like doing something a little different, so I whipped up a simple creamy peanut butter topping. If you'd like to try it, just prepare the basic fudge as directed in the link above, set it aside (no need to chill it quite yet), and melt 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and 2 tablespoons soymilk on the stove (stirring constantly) until completely combined. Then pour the peanut butter mixture over the fudge, smooth it out, and chill. I'll try to get a photo in the morning to post.

Also on my holiday sweets plates this year... mint meltaways, ginger lime cookies, and Gene's holiday cookies. What are you baking this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tamara! It's Sarah from the farm. We farm girls are comparing fudge recipes and I said this fudge recipe was my favorite. But, when I click on the link for your classic fudge recipe in this post, the link is dead. Are you able to fix that or share it with me maybe on Facebook? I love this recipe so much!