This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Monday, December 15, 2008

Stormy Skies

I have been waiting for a couple of days for a break in the weather so I could photograph some new beads and jewelry (to be posted soon) - it's been so dark and dreary outside, which makes photography tough. Anyways, I finally saw a bit of sun peeking through the clouds today, so I was able to take my pictures. I froze my butt off out there - we're having a major cold spell here, at least by California standards - and by the time I was finished with my pictures, the sky was looking more and more ominous...


And within a few minutes of finishing my photo shoot, it began to hail. HARD. Carlos had fun watching the ice come down.


The chickens and turkeys were all huddled up against our front door under the porch overhang, but the ducks didn't seem bothered at all - in fact, they had a nice little swim.


The chickens enjoyed eating the little bits of hail after the downpour ended.

No comments: