This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

New Ring

Here's a moissanite wedding ring I finished yesterday that I'm quite pleased with. It's similar to one I've made a few times before, but I increased the width of the band to 6mm and upgraded to a 6mm stone (comparable in size to a 0.8 carat diamond). It really looks a lot more blingy than the original, although they both have their own kind of appeal.

ethical wedding ring
The stone is so much more sparkly in real life; I'm afraid I haven't figured out the secret to capturing that in my photos yet.

5 comments:

Vegan Girl (Roni Seabury) said...

Very Pretty

Contrariwise said...

Tamara,

Tag. You're it!

I'd like to learn more about you. Could you please do a post on 7 random facts about yourself. The instructions are on my blog here:
http://akacontrariwise.blogspot.com/2008/12/ack-ive-been-tagged-seven-random-and.html

Nathalie said...

Hi Tamara, to answer your question about capturing the true sparkle of these stones, you need a specialty lightbulb called 'Diamond Dazzler'. You can see this here:

http://store.tabletopstudio-store.com/dida50ledbu.html

That should do it since these stones are so similar to diamonds... I hope this helps! Cheers, Nat :)

Tamara said...

Nat, you are a wealth of information!!! Thanks. :-)

Nathalie said...

I try! LOL....

And you shoud check the Vegan meal I prepared for dinner last night. I posted the recipe on my blog this morning.

The more info we share, the more we have :)