This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Vegan Fudge Recipe

I haven't made vegan fudge yet this year, so I don't have any pictures to share, but I generally make it every year for Christmas and it's so easy and so good. I thought I should get my butt in gear and post it in time for you all to enjoy it. Nothing makes me sadder than thinking about some poor fudge deprived vegan feeling sad about their lack of holiday chocolatey goodness...
Easy Fudge

6 tablespoons vegan margarine
3-1/2 cups organic powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup soy milk
1 cup chopped nuts (0ptional; I usually leave them out)

Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan, using a little of the margarine (I actually prefer to line the pan with parchment paper or waxed paper; it makes the fudge easier to get out of the pan).

Place the remaining margarine, sugar, cocoa powder, and soy milk in the upper part of a double boiler (or just use a smaller bowl in a large pot of boiling water). Stir ingredients in bowl over simmering water until smooth. Add vanilla, and nuts if desired.

Pour the mixture quickly into the prepared pan. Chill thoroughly and cut into squares. (If you don't want to eat it all right away, I've successfully frozen this for a few weeks; just wrap it well and put it in a freezer bag or other airtight container.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made this fudge today, and it is delicious! Also, I am eyeballing those simple pearl earrings, but they'll have to wait until next pay day.

I love when you post photos of your extended feathered family. I'm glad to see the girls are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Also, the sanctuary staff loved the fudge!