This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Oink.

I made this pendant today...

pig necklace
It's recycled sterling silver with a little piggy in recycled 14k gold. Oh, and a 14k gold border as well. I think it turned out really cute, although I have been having trouble getting the finish to be perfectly mirror-shiny... I may keep this one for myself; I'm kind of attached to it. I'll try to get some better pictures tomorrow - I just snapped this one as I'm wearing it here in the studio.

3 comments:

jarvenpa said...

I love it, Tamara. You could do a whole line of beautiful peace critters (though I do love pigs)

Unknown said...

Tamara, I love this! Pigs have a special place in my heart; I immediately became a vegetarian after an encounter with one at a state fair years ago. Please make more of these peace pigs and other animals too. I know you would love a turkey one! Peace.

winterskeeper said...

I agree! This is a very sweet piece - please make more!