This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Double Chocolatey Goodness

This morning I made Low Fat Double Chocolate Muffins for breakfast. The recipe was from havecakewilltravel.com. I think they turned out quite good - they aren't overwhelmingly sweet, which is nice for a breakfast muffin, but you still get your chocolate fix.

I don't have a jumbo muffin pan, which the recipe calls for, so I used regular muffin tins and it made nine muffins. Next time, I think I might mix half the chocolate chips into the batter and sprinkle the other half on top of the batter once I pour it into the tins, because the chocolate chips seemed to all sink to the bottom half of the muffins.

Also, I promised a review of postpunkkitchen's Mango Ginger Tofu recipe, which I made a couple of nights ago. Overall, I was impressed, but I should have cooked the tofu longer - maybe it was just my funky old oven, but it didn't get browned enough. I might also skip the extra sliced mangos and red peppers that you add towards the end - they were fine, but I didn't really feel like they added too much (other than aesthetically) to the dish; I enjoyed the flavor of the steamed broccoli I prepared as a side dish more than the mangos and peppers. The sauce was very tasty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I wonder why the chips sank to the bottom. can't say it's ever happened to me. I'm sorry to hear! maybe it's got something to do with the size of the pan? did you fold them in at the end of the combining wet/dry ingredients? bah. I'm at a loss.
I'm glad you liked them ok. yeah I have a thing with not liking overly sweet things, some people might not like it. oops! good thing it's easily fixed. thanks for trying them!

Tamara said...

Hi Celine, it's no problem! It's not like it was solid chocolate chips all on the very bottom, it just seemed like they all were congregated on the bottom half. But they were still really good! I mixed them in with the dry ingredients, but I don't think that would make a difference. Could be my funky old oven even, who knows.