This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Monday, May 7, 2007

HOT

It is unseasonably warm here today so we've been hanging out outside. Carlos is wearing his sandals for the first time (thanks Grandma). Doesn't he look cute? He has a bit of a shoe fetish and I think he thinks it's pretty cool to wear shoes that show your toes. I tried to get a better picture but he is so constantly in motion these days it's tough to capture him on film.

I just checked the thermometer and it's almost 90 degrees (in the shade). Eek! That might not seem too bad to some of you but if you're used to the fog and drizzle of Humboldt County, it's downright sweltering.

On another Carlos note, I thought I would share this (censored) picture of him in the shower. Do most 18 month olds like to shower? He loves it.


Today I went to Bead Supply in Arcata (www.beadsupply.com) and while their website isn't much to look at, they do have some fabulous prices on beads! I got some really beautiful labradorite cabochons, some tiny peridot beads, some rhodonite, and some really spectacular large lemon quartz briolettes. I'll be listing it all on Etsy, but it may take me a while.



No comments: