This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Friday, May 11, 2007

Tonight's Dinner

Tonight Carlos and I (Matt's working) are having Pa's Beans and Sweet Potato Biscuits for dinner. The original recipe for Pa's Beans came from our neighbor; I changed it a bit but not much. It's very easy to make and tasty.

Pa's Beans

soy margarine
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 14-ounce cans kidney beans (undrained)
1 14-ounce can pinto beans (undrained)

Saute mushrooms, onions, and pepper in margarine. In a large measuring cup, mix ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Add ketchup mixture to veggies, then pour in
beans. Simmer for one hour.

PS - Today I added a handy search tool in the sidebar so you can search my posts by topic (i.e. vegan recipes, jewelry posts, Carlos posts, etc.)

No comments: