This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Baby Brother

My little brother turns 28 today! Happy birthday Shelby...


It's been a while since I posted a recipe - that's because it's been a while since I have had time to cook! Things have been crazy here and I'm sick of not having any good food to eat. So this morning I made my special super-indulgent pancakes. I've tried to offset some of the peanut-chocolatey sinfulness with some good whole grains. They are very rich and very filling.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes

2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/3 cup unbleached white flour
1/2 cup oat bran
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons unrefined sugar

1/3 cup peanut butter
1-1/4 cup soymilk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1/2 cup chocolate chips (vegan)

Mix dry ingredients. Blend wet ingredients with a hand mixer and stir into dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Cook in a lightly oiled pan.

No comments: