This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Thursday, March 6, 2008

I've discovered I don't hate eggplant after all...

...apparently the trick is soaking it in gobs and gobs of oil, frying it, breading it, and stuffing it with tofu 'ricotta'. My friend Katie brought this to a recent vegan pot luck at my house, and I got around to making it myself the other day. I was quite horrified by the amount of oil it called for, but I figured since my diet is normally pretty low-fat, it wouldn't kill me to indulge once in a while. And of course it's better than saturated, animal-derived fat, or that nasty hydrogenated crap.

I didn't take a picture because it wasn't that photogenic, but it sure was tasty. Matt liked it too. I am frustrated by how hard it is to decently print recipes directly from my blog, so I've formatted it as a pdf file, which you can download and print in a very printer-friendly format. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Eggplant is a sponge... It sucks in a lot of oil...Good olive oil is not bad at all. Never met a vegetable that I don't like...Enjoy!!!

Vegan_Noodle said...

I enjoy eggplant as well when it doesn't taste like eggplant at all. You're so cool for putting it in a printer friendly pdf... getting printed as I type...