This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Friday, March 21, 2008

Okay, time to spill.

Obviously this will not come as a huge surprise, but yes, Willy is building me a NEW STUDIO!!!!!! Eek! I am so excited. Thanks to everyone who guessed. And this month's winner is - Lotta! Yay Lotta! Email me to let me know what you'd like to use your $25 towards.

I was kind of surprised at how unanimous the guesses were - I don't know what I was expecting - I guess maybe I thought more of you would guess that we were adopting again or something. {We're not.} But then I realized that all of you who guessed probably don't know how small our house is, so you wouldn't necessarily know that enlarging the family would require enlarging the house... :-)

Anyways, construction is coming along fabulously. The sheetrockers are delivering their supplies as we speak and if all goes according to schedule, I could possibly be painting the interior walls by next weekend! And I haven't chosen colors yet so if anyone knows of any good inspiration sites for that kind of thing, please share. I want to do something colorful and pretty. It's the only place in the house that's 100% *mine* so if I want to get all girly-girl, this is the place.

A couple of days ago, we went and bought some super sexy workbenches for the studio at Costco, and today or tomorrow I'm going to order my new desk. We'll be moving our current computer out to the studio and getting a laptop for the house. One corner of the studio will be devoted to office space and processing bead orders (my current setup is woefully inadequate) and there will be separate work areas for beading and metalwork. There will be a sink, a heater, an exhaust fan over my soldering area, and as you already saw, a window with a nice view. Heaven!!!

7 comments:

Mamacita said...

Wow. That's fantastic! You'll have to post pictures when you finish!

Anonymous said...

Sounds Wonderful!!! Have fun and keep posting..

Julia said...

Wow, it sounds really wonderful! I've got my own little corner in our apartement where I can work on my jewellery, but as soon as we move to a house I'll want a room all to myself!

Tricia Guild plays a lot with different colours and colour combinations, maybe that can give you some inspiration? She has several books on the subject and I'm sure you can find lots of information and pictures on the internet :)

Vegan_Noodle said...

So exciting!! Can't wait to see it all finished...

Vegan Girl (Roni Seabury) said...

Lucky you! I have to share my studio with my husband and his art. I'm really happy for you. I can't wait to see pictures.

Roni

Anonymous said...

Vegan Girl, she has been sharing space with me, but I make too much noise and it ran her off.

Robin Marie said...

HUGE congratulations!

As for colors, check out colourlovers.com for a great palette tool and lots of inspiration!