This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Saturday, August 18, 2007

I know, I have a problem.

I bought more beads yesterday. I was able to get another strand of ametrine marquis briolettes and two strands of iolite pear briolettes, both of which sold out within 24 hours the last time I listed them. I also got these yummy Peruvian blue opal nuggets and delicate little garnet briolettes, plus some awesome smooth sunstone rondelles, which I will not even post pictures of since I only bought one strand and they are all mine!



As much as I love playing with beads, I've been feeling a little frustrated lately by my lack of time for actually creating things. Filling orders (both for jewelry and beads), plus keeping track of Carlos, has been taking up all my time and I really miss just being able to sit for hours at a time and make some incredible, intricate, crazy piece of art. I hope that doesn't sound whiny - I'm grateful to be making sales - I just miss making stuff... {sigh}

1 comment:

JudyM said...

It's understandable that you miss creating new treasures, but it is good that your business is going so well. Are you going to show us what you make with the beads you're keeping for yourself?
I'd sure wish I could see Carlos again, before he changes too much.