This blog is now hosted on my website at mcfarlanddesigns.com/blog-posts; please update your bookmarks to follow the latest posts. Thanks!

Monday, August 6, 2007

New Rectangular Cabs for Wire Wrapped Rings

Well, here I go again - posting three times in one day... now you can plan on not hearing from me for ages (actually that's probably true since I'm going out of town this week). Anyhoo - I have to show off some new rectangular cabochons that I bought to make more of this style of wire wrapped ring with. I know I've mentioned a few times how popular they have been for me, and in the past I've only done them with labradorite, but now I'm branching out! Take a look...

Charoite, which I've never worked with before - it's so pretty!

More labradorite, always a favorite

Rainbow Moonstone

Turquoise with lots of dark matrix - just how I like it!

Vasonite!!! Can you believe it? I was shocked to find these; vasonite is so rare, and I love it so much I have a feeling one of these is going to become a ring for me.

Let me know if you'd like to commission a ring from any of these gorgeous cabs. I really prefer to make them as custom orders so the sizes are right and you can pick out your own stone. I have another order in with a new supplier for some more rectangular cabs in Peruvian blue opal, pink opal, denim lapis, and rhodochrosite, and I'll be sure to post pictures again when those arrive.

Here's a picture of a finished ring:

Or if you're the crafty type yourself, you can find a tutorial for making this style of ring on Eni Oken's jewelry site.

PS - we gave Carlos a mohawk again tonight. Stay tuned for pictures...

2 comments:

Mamacita said...

Oooh, ooooh, oohhhh! I want the purple and black one. In a size 10 or maybe 9.5, depending on how thick the wire is in the back. How much? Email me!

Vegan_Noodle said...

The charoite is beautiful, so unique! Can't wait to see the latest mohawk, what an awesome mom you are!